Wednesday 5 March 2014

You speak an infinite deal of nothing

It's been a good day today.  The sun has been shining, the children have been happy, Lucy managed to keep it together until just before bedtime and there is fish pie in the oven.  If only all days were like this.

I was going to cobble together a WIP, complete with a billion photos, but I used up all my photo taking energy on Monday with the dodgy elephants, so I'm just going to write about my lovely Wisteria jumper, currently on hold.

I wrote about it here, when I had just started, and all the cables were in their infancy, and again here when it got a bit bigger, and now I have split for the arms, and it is started to look like a jumper, and has gone from being insanely complicated to beyond dull to work on.

A terrible, terrible self portrait featuring the jumper.


You can see the cables trailing away to nothing, in a rather fine manner, and the cunningly funnelled neck to hide excessive chins.  I really don't look very happy about the whole thing, do I?

The list

Wisteria - going well
Idlewood - started
Blue and Grey Socks - one sock done still done
Elephant blanket - two stripes almost finished.  For Hattie's birthday (December)
Peacock Mittens - one finished, bar the thumb (still)
Ringo and Elwood mittens - still queued

Owl Blanket - finished and done
Paper Dolls - finished and done
Peerie Flooers - finished and done
Alphabet Blanket for Noah - done
Granny's a Square Afghan - done

Hexipuff Quilt - 147/500 hexipuffs done
The Weather in the Streets - 50/400 squares done

It doesn't look like much, does it?

March Madness - 5/31

No comments:

Post a Comment