Tuesday 25 March 2014

When you are a Bear of Very Little Brain, and you Think of Things, you find sometimes that a Thing which seemed very Thingish inside you is quite different when it gets out into the open and has other people looking at it.

This is a post about the future.

This is a post about a future filled with handmade wonderfullness, rather than big piles of yarns and fabric.

This is a post which features lots of links to Pinterest, which I really recommend to people with lots and lots of time.

This is a post that is being written at half ten in a desperate attempt to write something every day in March, and without full consideration being given to the reader.  And for that, I apologise.

A Renfrew top by Sewaholic Patterns.  A stretchy knit.  Something like this.  Maybe in a demure knit like this.

A Box Pleated Skirt.  When life gives you lemon fabric.  Or when you scour the internet for lemon print fabric.  Something like this.

I've gone on and on about the Cambie dress, so I won't say any more; suffice to say that I don't know whether I have enough fabric.  I've cut the paper pattern out, and I'll have a placing session tomorrow afternoon.

Some sort of Fifties-esque boxy dress.  Something in this fabric anyway.  Actually, maybe that should be a Cambie dress.  Hum.

A terribly sophisticated jumper in fingering weight wool.  Something like this.  In beige with shades of purple.

Simon, reading over my shoulder, says that our future is always full of piles of yarn and fabric, and I should kidding myself.  Nature has made me a hoarder and a planner; go with what you know.

March Madness 25/31

No comments:

Post a Comment