Monday 24 March 2014

My dear, here we must run as fast as we can, just to stay in place. And if you wish to go anywhere you must run twice as fast as that.

I don't normally reference my title quote in its post, but this one is as good a description of teaching as you'll ever find.

Monday again.  No finished objects, and actually one finished object has been unravelled a bit to make the neck less uncomfortable. It's currently sitting on the table, looking a bit sorry for itself.  I've cut out a Coco made out of pink fleece, it'll be my Wednesday afternoon sewing, I think.  I've had a bit of a look around, and it doesn't look that difficult - ballpoint needle, zigzag stitch and off we go.  I've not really thought about nap or anything technical like that, I'm just pleased to have used up a bit more of the fleece stash problem.  If it looks OK, I'll make a matching white one, as well as fleecy tops for the girls for summer.


The writer of one of sewing blogs I like to read, Sew Dolly Clackett, is getting married, and another blogger, who is here at Rhinestones and Telephones, has organised a sew-along to celebrate her wedding.  I bought some fabric at the Knitting and Stitching Show with a vague idea of making something #sewdollyclackett but, you know, that just seems a bit weird as I'm not really part of the online sewing community.  (Is that a thing?  Do I want to be part of it?)  I'm going to make a Cambie dress at some point, and will probably use my super new fabric, but I don't know when.  Maybe, if I get really organised, on Wednesday evening, I'll make time to cut out some fabric.  Maybe I'll decide that joining in really IS my thing, and just go for it.  Anyway, I'll be writing at great length about it. 


The fabric is ever so pretty, with all the little dollies.  And a Cambie dress doesn't look that hard really.  

My February squares are finished and are ready to crochet together.  I think I'll refrain from posting any more pictures until that momentous event has passed.

March Madness - 24/31


2 comments:

  1. Ooh, I was looking at Sewaholic patterns last night! I might make one of the skirts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sewaholic patterns are beautiful. I've not made one yet, but they don't look that hard and they have good instructions. Plus she often does sew-alongs, so there's lots of information out there. For the more challenged among us.

    ReplyDelete