Friday 21 March 2014

Those who educate children well are more to be honoured than they who produce them; for these only gave them life, those the art of living well.

Ever had one of those weeks where everything at school just seems to work, and there are no curveballs at all?  No, me neither, but this week has been pretty close.  The one with epilepsy has been an angel this week, no tantrums or major seizures at all; both the autistic children have been manageable, thanks in part to a new member of staff, who is just wonderful; the non-English speaker is more or less under control, again thanks to our new helper, who speaks fluent Arabic, and has done all sorts of assessments with him; of course, he needs support, and really hasn't got a clue.  So it's been quite a good week, quite calm, quite low key, and I'm content.




The only downside was getting all my assessment data in place by today, which I haven't completely done - the two autistic boys aren't on the system, and the littlest one isn't either, but those can be fixed easily.  I'm striking on Wednesday, which I'm not looking forward to, but I feel is the only thing to do.  I have a very, very heavy heart about it though.  Gove must GO, but there must be an easier way, one that isn't so disruptive.




There's not much else going on; even though things are easier at school at the moment, it's still taking up all of my thoughts and energy.  Not long until the Easter holidays though.




In other news, I found a fabric like this in Hobbycraft, and now I'm obsessed with making a cloud dress.  I'm not too old at 36 for a dress made of clouds, am I?





March Madness 21/31







No comments:

Post a Comment