My photo

I knit, I sew, I run, I look after children and hamsters, I take truly terrible pictures, I cook, I complain.  Sometimes all at the same time.

Friday, 14 March 2014

It is ever so much easier to be good if your clothes are fashionable

Last Sunday, after making the amazing Coco dress, I attempted to finish the dress I'd started a few weeks ago.  It's in a quilting cotton, so very thin, possibly even a bit see-through, so I had to line it; a new adventure.  I used a bright, bright blue lining fabric, as well as bright blue bias bindings, instead of sodding facings.


I wrote a big blog post about the dress, and all the good things, and what I'd learned and all that, and sodding Blogger lost it.  Grr.  Anyway.  It's a fabulous dress, bit small around the bust because the lining stretches less than the main fabric; but without the top underneath, it fits fine.  Might have to make a bright blue cardigan.


How do you like my rockabilly quiff?  That's what happens when you brush your hair without wearing specs. 

March Madness 14/31



No comments:

Post a Comment