Tuesday 4 March 2014

Well, I never heard it before, but it sounds uncommon nonsense

The Great British Sewing Bee is the kind of reality programme I can get behind.  The judges are kind and generally helpful, giving constructive criticism, and genuinely wanting to support the sew-ers they are working with, and even though it's not something I could ever do myself, I'm really enjoying it.  I'm drawing the line at handmade leggings.

I'm looking at box pleated skirts at the moment; I've even done a Pinterest board for it here, which is very unlike me.  I'm not sure about Pinterest, seems like a bit of a time sink to me.  I think I've found a pattern that is easy and won't drive me bonkers; McCall's M5591, and I'm thinking about red and white polka dots that I bought to make something for Harriet, but is too nice for children.

The amount of time that the contestants spent on matching the patterns for the pleats caused me quite a lot of consternation; I don't really have that much time. I can have a go at making something properly, I suppose, with a bit of thought and attention to detail put in.  I would love to have a whole weekend just to spend sewing.  What a luxury.  Although I'd probably procrastinate and spend the entire time watching Murder She Wrote and playing on the internet.

March Madness 4/31

No comments:

Post a Comment