Saturday 15 March 2014

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Some things.

We went to the Knitting and Stitching Show at Olympia today.  It was brilliant, but I'm very tired now.  There's nothing like wandering slowly around massive halls, behind super slow people to utterly wear you out.  I didn't take any photos; be grateful for small mercies.

I bought an Anna dress pattern (late to the party), another paper pattern (New Look 6145), about 6 metres of fabric in 3 different patterns, sewing machine needles, wool to make cardigans for the girls, sock yarn for me, a massive purple cone of yarn from Ireland to make a cardigan for me, some ribbons and lace, and some undyed yarn to dye with Lucy for a new cowl and hat combination for her and her sister (probably will be orange, knowing Lucy).  Less than I normally buy ACTUALLY.

It's all very exciting, and I can't wait to start making my dresses.  Apparently the New Look pattern isn't as easy as it says on the pattern envelope, and I might need to buy a new foot for my sewing machine - a concealed zip foot, how exciting.  I might even need a new "how to" sewing book.  

My Coco dress got its second public outing; I am very, very fond of it, and next month might even make another.  After all the new stuff I got today, I probably need a Lent period of reflection and meditation.  Although I do need to go to Hobbycraft to get some more supplies for the Weather Blanket, or maybe I could use Stylecraft, but it seems silly buying 1 ball when the postage is the same for 10, and...

March Madness - 15/31

No comments:

Post a Comment