Thursday 6 March 2014

Ever notice how 'What the hell' is always the right answer?

Another good day.  It must be the weather.  Now it has finally stopped raining and the children can go outside and play, I'm seeing a huge improvement in both behaviour and attitudes, and that includes mine towards them.  I do like this little group as individuals, but it is very hard to be ever-loving, ever-patient when you feel literally under attack.  It's been a good couple of days, and let's hope they continue.

I've been on the booze at 10am for two mornings in a row - an Ash Wednesday service followed by a lovely mass at Lucy's school this morning.  In the car, Lucy gave me some helpful hints about how to behave during her school communion.  There is a lot of standing up and sitting down, and if I don't know what to do, I should just watch her, as she will be doing it right, and there is a lot of singing, and I must just have a go and practise with her at home.  I'm also not allowed to talk or go to the toilet.  I like to think I acquitted myself well.

It's Lent, and a season of self examination has begun.  I don't intend to indulge in any long blog posts about religion or how mindfulness has changed my parenting; I will probably mention some of these in passing.  No chocolate Lent started woefully, when I helped myself to a Jaffa Cake after church on Wednesday.  Ho hum.

I'm going to sit in front of the television and do some knitting.  I doubt I'll have any time to do any sewing; I might just have to carve some out next week.

March Madness - 6/31

No comments:

Post a Comment