Saturday 6 July 2013

Heatwave

What did you do on the hottest day of the year?

We cycled to Kew.  In the middle of the day.  We were all hot, tired and grumpy by the time we got back, and ready to slump.  The girls made a token effort at playing in the paddling pool, but ended up in front of CBeebies, half asleep.  It isn't a very long way to Kew, but in this heat, it felt a lot further, particularly on the way back.  I have Hattie on the back of my bike, which adds another 18kg to haul along.  We all weighed ourselves on Wednesday; what a shock.  I'm trying to give up alcohol, and I'm certainly going a month without cream and cheese.

Lucy passed her ballet exam.  We're very proud of her, although I suspect that at this level you can only fail if you don't turn up.


I'm off to the Northfields Night Market, which involves more cycling, so I need to go and stuff some cotton wool into my pants before getting back in the saddle.


No comments:

Post a Comment