Monday 8 July 2013

27/52

"A portrait of my children, once a week, every week, in 2013"

It's been hot here.  Not just warm, actually hot.  We were supposed to be at the tennis yesterday, but Hattie was sick all Saturday night, and the excitement kept Lucy up too, helping me look after her.  She was, genuinely, quite helpful.  We sold the tickets to my brother; he reported that it was very hot on Murray Mound, and there was no shade to be had at all, so it wouldn't have been so much fun for the girls had we gone.  Still.

Instead, Lucy and I went to church on the tag-a-long; good Lord that thing is heavy.  We played inside games, went in the paddling pool and Lucy took Simon to Ikea. It was his own fault; asked where she'd like to go as a treat, she said Ikea.  What is wrong with her?  Apparently though it was cool and not very busy, so not such a daft idea.

We also painted.  The conservatory was absolutely baking, so Lucy stripped down to knickers and an apron.


She wasn't finger painting, so I'm not sure why the purple hands.  

I took this one on Saturday, before the bike ride.  The dress is one of the two I made on Friday; I'm pleased with how they turned out.


She looks like an angel there.  The camera doesn't lie, but it does show selective truths.

1 comment:

  1. My new favourite quote: "[t]he camera doesn't lie, but it does show selective truths."

    ReplyDelete