Friday 30 August 2013

FO Friday


Finally.  It is finished, done, bordered and the ends are sewn in and snipped off, and it is finally finished.  The birthday is in a fortnight's time, and I have made her present beforehand, an amazing feat.

For those who are interested: every single bit of DK/light worsted in the stash, often hand-dyed (by Lucy and I), often remnants from other projects.  Quite a lot of small balls were used up making this, so I couldn't make it again even if I wanted to.  I love it, Lucy loves it.  I used a 4mm metal hook, and a 4mm wooden hook, when I lost the metal one.  I hope she'll love it for years to come.

The list:

Alphabet Blanket for Noah - done
Granny's a Square Afghan - done
Elephant blanket (one stripe half made)
Peacock Mittens
Idlewood 
Owl Blanket
Hexipuff Quilt (nearly 120 puffs made, how terribly exciting)
Paper Dolls 
Peerie Flooers
Ringo and Elwood mittens 

I may end up lengthening the list at this rate.

2 comments:

  1. I love the blanket, it looks amazing, and what great stash busting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what a great blanket, definitely a great stash buster!! I love these the best because they are so unique!

    ReplyDelete