Friday 1 May 2015

Sweet April showers do spring May flowers.



Last year's "Me Made May" was so much fun, I've decided to do it again.

'I, Julia from julia's blog, http://juliacroyden.blogspot.co.uk/, sign up as a participant of Me-Made-May '15. I endeavour to wear at least one handmade piece of clothing every day, without repeating an entire outfit, each day for the duration of May 2015'

Let the month begin. I'm starting as I mean to go on, with my BRAND NEW Miette skirt with buttons instead of ties; made from IKEA fabric, so cheap as anything. It only took me a few hours to make and I learned how to make buttonholes using the super BUTTONHOLE foot, which was terrifically exciting in every way.


I love it, even though it's a bit big around the waist, and a bit long. I'm also wearing it "wrong"; the pattern has a centre skirt, then two big back bits that wrap around your waist and tie in the front, but I have put the front at the back, and used the back pieces as overlapping front bits, which isn't what lovely, lovely Tilly had in mind, but works for me. I knew I didn't want ties, because I really don't need more fabric around my waist; maybe I'll get a lighter weight fabric, and have a go with the ties, maybe making them quite thin. There's always options when you make your own clothes.

It's a brilliant pattern though, clear and very, very easy. Tilly is very good at clear, step by step instructions, which is great for beginners and nervous people; I made a spotty Francoise dress the other day - so quick and clear.  I still need to take photos of that one, and my pinky-red wraparound dress (a wearable toile, it's not great).

Anyway. That's the joyful tidings; I'll try to do an outfit round-up post once a week, if I remember. If you are very interested, I'm @sljuls on Instagram and Twitter, if you are interested in these things.

I STILL don't like the name of the month though.  Me no like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment