Monday 15 April 2013

A Year of Projects

Now that the holiday is over and I'm back at work and back at home, I'm starting to think about my knitting more and more.  It's a great distraction from the other things I should be thinking about, and conveniently takes up lots of time.

I joined the Year of Projects Ravelry group back in February, and have already slipped from what I was planning to do, not because the projects are boring, but because I didn't give them enough thinking time.

The list looks a bit like this:

Rusted Root - the first six inches looked dreadful, and I don't really want an asymmetric bust, so swapped it out
Hedgehog Mittens - still yarn
Starburst Flower Blanket - still yarn (unbought)
Idlewood - still yarn
Owl blanket - half way through the main body of the blanket, put down as too addictive
The Killing Jumper - going to be joining the sleeves at some point, exciting!
Hexipuff Quilt - keeps on growing steadily, but will be swapped out as I honestly don't think it will be finished until Winter 2014
Paper Dolls jumper - meh
Vine Yoke cardigan - done
Skyfall socks - done

I think I am going to swap in an Alphabet Blanket for a little boy due next month, and an Elephant Blanket of some description for a little person due in September/October.

It's all rather exciting really.


3 comments:

  1. Great list, can't wait to see your progress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too! I gotta see what that Idlewood is all about.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the notation "Still Yarn" I chuckled a bit. Your list looks good, don't worry about not getting it all done. I changed my whole list around after Christmas!

    ReplyDelete