Monday 2 June 2014

‘Cause I am a champion and you’re gonna hear me roar


It's on Saturday.  5km.  Running.  I know that I'm not going to be able to run the whole thing, but I should be able to run and walk it in a reasonable time; right now I can run for 25 minutes without stopping, and that's about 3 and a bit km, so we'll see.

I really have to run more; I've spent so much money on these, admittedly extremely comfortable, trainers, so I need to do as much as possible in order to bring down the cost per run to something approaching £3, rather than more than £30.  *coff*


In other fitness news, I'm doing a 30 Days Abs Challenge, along with 2.6 million other people on Facebook.  I've done 2 days.  It wasn't too bad; obviously all this excess stuff I'm carrying around my hips isn't actually stopping my muscles from working.  It has only been 2 days, so we'll see how it goes after day 11 with its 65 crunches.  I lose count after about 20, so I'll probably just keep on going until I pass out.  At least it's easier than the dreaded Shred, which is my project for July.  Or August.  Or September. 

I don't really know what's got into me - all I seem to want to do is run, do sit ups and go to work; I've not been knitting that much, I've barely been cooking and even my sewing machine is on hold.  I've got a whole load of pictures from May to chat about, plus I need to catch up with the 52 project.  I had such a nice compliment from someone who reads my blog and likes my happy, messy, silly children; I think I should dig out the photos from the last few weeks and put them up.  

More news as it comes along.





No comments:

Post a Comment