Sunday 18 October 2015

My generation never votes. It interferes with talking about ourselves all the time.

I seem to have dropped into a routine I don't particularly like.  I'm working so hard during the day, I don't feel like blogging or sewing or doing anything beyond sitting in the evening.  So I'm only blogging on a Sunday night, and it's not really what I want to do, I like writing and I would really like to do it more often.

But you know, blah blah blah, work is HARD, I'm TIRED, life is BUSY, all that jazz.  I always maintain that you have time to do all the things you want to do, so maybe I just don't want to blog enough.

Enough of that.  I have been knitting quite a bit recently, plus I have PROPERLY finished the weather blanket, with a purple border and everything.  I decided against making the border too big, and it is now on our bed and we sleep under it every night.


Have a crappy iPhone photo, I haven't managed to get upstairs with the good camera, and honestly, can't see that happening for a while.  But anyway.  It is done and finished.

Hexipuff Quilt: Still at 193 out of 500.  Which sounds like nothing, but has taken a while.

The Rainbow Raglan: Inertia is still stopping me from knitting the sleeves.

This One's for Parties Vintage Jumper: The ribbing for the front is done.  I'm going to do some rows (maybe 10) with the new needles and see how it works out.

The Yellow Petrie: Still just a front.  It's not warm enough to think about summer knitting.

Simon's massive man sock: getting bigger.  I'm on to the foot of the first one.  It is yet another labour of love.

Vianne cardigan: still the same.

These things are still the same.

Miette cardigan in Lemon
Cream and Beige Coco style boatneck striped top
Sun-Ray Ribbing Vintage Jumper

Finish the Wisteria so that when it gets cold, I will be warm
Finish the Peacock Mittens, ditto

Reknit Simon's Cobblestone jumper

Mini Hetty cardigan with sleeves for Lucy - bought some yarn for this.  Hurrah.
Bright Rainbow Blanket for Lucy - I'm a bit over crocheting closed granny squares, but I'll get this started in the next couple of weeks.

Burton Bear cowl for Hattie
Mini Hetty cardigan with sleeves also for Hattie
Minion blanket for Hattie - same as Lucy's blanket.  *sigh*

Owl Blanket for Robin's Christmas present

The rest is silence.  Because we went to see Hamlet the other night and my massive crush on Benedict Cumberbatch is just getting more massive.  

3 comments:

  1. I love the blanket, I bet that keeps you nice and cosy. I know the feeling about being tired, we had parents evening this evening and I can't wait for Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The weather blanket is nice. I like the colors you chose!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That blanket is absolutely stunning, well done!

    I know so well what you mean - it's so easy to slip into a non-blogging routine. I have been suffering from that a bit as well recently...

    ReplyDelete