Monday 28 April 2014

I won't push you, unless you have a net

me-made-may'14

Some things are just too sugary sweet for me.  I can't really cope with the title of this challenge "me made it" "me done it" "me talk pretty some day"; but I am completely behind the sentiment.  I try really, really hard to wear my beloved handmade clothes, and am expanding my wardrobe to include useful tops as well as pretty dresses.  I have a huge amount of woolly jumpers and woolly socks, and quite a few skirts, but not much that I can pull on over a pair of jeans; which is where the delightful Coco pattern comes in.  I made a new one last week; honestly, it took me just under two hours from fabric to garment.  I didn't bother with pockets because I don't think that they add to my look, but the funnel neck is in place, and I didn't need any adjustments.




You can even have a bonus selfie with a silly expression and gorgeous new hair.  I take no credit for my hair; my hairdresser gives it a shear every couple of months, and the rest of the time it grows out at right angles to my head.  I have finally accepted that I can't have long hair, it just looks silly, and I shouldn't even try.

This is my "Me-Made-May" "pledge". Very formal, but I suppose that writing it down will keep me on track.

I, Julia (juliacroyden.blogspot.co.uk) sign up as a participant of Me-Made May '14. I will endeavour to wear at least one garment that I've made everyday during May 2014. The challenge bit is to photograph myself and put it on Instagram - I hate being in photographs. I'm also going to make one dress and finish one jumper in May.

It should be do-able. I will put some pictures up here, but you can follow me on Instagram if you are so inclined, as sljuls. How exciting.

I was going to give up booze for a bit too, but with all these selfies, I don't think I'll be able to.







No comments:

Post a Comment