I banged on and on about sewing a dress for the Sew Dolly Clackett event ages ago, and I've only gone and done it.
It's not the greatest of photos, but you get the general idea. It's a Cambie dress, and it was a bit of a pain in the bum to make. I found that either my measurements were incorrect or I can't read numbers, and the toile made the bodice way too big and the waist way too small. Lots of swearing later, and the lining of the bodice fits well, but the shell is a bit big. I had to make the bust darts deeper, and shorten the straps, so this picture is not a very accurate one. Still, the fabric is terrific and I love it, and I will wear it when I'm not at work. For a first attempt at making a fitted lined pattern, this isn't that bad. Shame about the state of the kitchen.
There are thousands of other Sew Dolly Clackett dresses on flickr; you can find them here. You can find out about Roisin and her intended here, and you can find a Cambie sewing pattern here. The pattern is lovely, and all errors were mine. The instructions are very clear too, and I am going to have a go at making another one soon.
I've had a bit of a break from blogging recently, what with one thing and another, but I've got all sorts of things to say, and now we're safely back at home, I can find the time and space to say them.
Lucky old you.