Friday 3 January 2014

FO Friday

I've finished a project, but it's a bit of a cheat.  I started this jumper back in 2010, finished it, wore it a couple of times, realised that it made me look both fat and even shorter, shoved it to the back of the cupboard and forgot about it.  During a cupboard purge of last year, I pulled it out, started ripping it back, got distracted, then abandoned it.  When we bought my new chest of drawers, and I had to clear out the bedroom, I found it again, ripped it back and re-knitted most of the body.  Because it is circular needles, I just sat there, going round and round and round and round and round until I thought it was big enough, tried it on, kept going, then did a garter edge.  The result is that a pretty unflattering jumper is now a warm and comfy addition to my wardrobe.  And I've finished my first 2014 project.


Hurrah!

4 comments:

  1. Love the color and the style is a cozy one. I think there is no such thing as cheating when a finished item is the end result!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I still don't consider it a proper first FO for 2014; so I've made a skirt and half made two dresses for the girls - I didn't have two zips, so I'll have to finish them tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that's a story! I love how you didn't rip it out completely but were still able to see its possibilities! Garments are still a bit scary to me, but I think the "knit-try on-knit on" technique is a great way to custom make something that actually fits nicely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a lot of badly fitting jumpers; I'll be re-working them this year!

      Delete