Tuesday 1 October 2013

Handmade Tuesday

I have a fun, new hobby.  Again.  It is a logical extension of my current thread and yarn obsession, as are all my hobbies, but this one has, like, a message?  It's to make you stop and think?  It's about taking a bit of action?


Actually, I do think this stuff is important. People are dying so that we can have t-shirts that cost less than £5, and that doesn't sound right.  I know, free market economics, blah blah, but we do need to be a bit more aware of where our stuff comes from and what happens to the poor sods who make it.  

Some more craftivism stuff can be found here.  I'm not going to bang on about it; suffice to say that we must live what we profess to believe, and if that means paying slightly extra for a t-shirt or looking after your neighbour's child when she really can't cope any more, then that is what you do.  

No comments:

Post a Comment