Saturday 26 March 2011

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done

Well, I took the girls to Ikea, and it wasn't that bad. Harriet, who is a very good girl, slept through the whole experience, and Lucy, who is often a very good girl, ate an entire Swedish pastry, chose a duvet and pillowcase set, ran riot around the children's department, bossing all the other children around, allowed me to change her nappy without even a pout and came home without any complaints afterwards.

We bought all sorts of things for big girls, and Lucy is so taken with her duvet cover that she refused to come downstairs for lunch and needed a bribe. She was very keen to have a little rest, which would have been ideal at any time save lunchtime, and, of course, as soon as she'd had her lunch, she didn't want another sleep.

I have some photos of Kew and the Orchid Extravaganza. They were beautiful, and a much needed shot of colour during a fairly drab early March.

Orchids at kew

More here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/juliaclare/sets/72157626093525711/with/5509394044/

We have people coming for tea; I am baking a Cherry and Almond Loaf Cake, which smells quite nice. I want to make Chocolate Chip Muffins for tomorrow morning, and a Tea Cake to take to church, for the Bring and Share Lunch. I don't think I'll stay for long, but a token effort is required, and this cake is so, so easy, I can make it before 10 tomorrow, even if I get up at 8.

No comments:

Post a Comment