Thursday 18 November 2010

Some crafty things



It probably won't come as much of a surprise, but I love Cath Kidston's stuff. Especially the stuff that you have to make yourself. I think what she sells is a bit over-priced, so I don't really buy it, and then she brings out two books that I fall in love with - above and below.






and they become the basis for a whole new interest in making things for people.

I've yet to make anything exactly the same as the things she provides patterns for, and I've got no interest in embroidering two thousand damn birds onto a towel, but I've used both books extensively as inspiration for my baby gros.




The girly ones are more fun to make, but I think I need some different, more subtle felts.







I've also made one for my new baby, but I haven't quite finished it yet. It's the most Cath Kidston-y one as it uses fabric very similar to the stuff she designs and sells. I think it's a Liberty print though, and a remnant at that.


Some knitting:




Next stop, a sewing machine. And as soon as I get myself organised, some pictures of my new craft room. Yay.

No comments:

Post a Comment