Monday 29 November 2010

Only 3 days to go now

So. The baby will now be born on Friday. I have "elected" to have a c-section on consultation with two senior obstetricians, and she will be coming out then. I'm a combination of excited to be seeing her and pissed off that it has to be this way. Apparently, my chances of a natural birth are slim to none, having been an excellent candidate last time who didn't make it, I'm now a high risk candidate and it's "better" medically for me to "just" have major stomach surgery resulting in me being unable to carry my older daughter for 6 weeks. Although, she did say that as Lucy had been in the right position, I'd had the oxytocin drip, I'd gone into labour naturally and it was bang on 40 weeks, and then things just got stuck, it's probably something to do with my pelvis, and a natural birth was never really going to be an option.

I'm trying to be philosophical about it. This little one is really quite large, and I'm feeling pretty terrible all the time, not being helped by having a cold at the moment, so it's better to get her out so we can get on with things. Also, it means I'll be able to stop worrying so much about what I'm eating, as the gestational diabetes will be gone on Saturday. Hurrah. I've already bought some brie and pate, and I think a Mars Bar will also be a good post-op snack.

Can't wait.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck! Post photos of the little one when you can!

    ReplyDelete