Saturday 10 July 2010

Hmm

So much for updating more frequently.

It's been a busy week. On Sunday, we drove across London to Greenwich (miles and miles) for a birthday party, which was fun, but exhausting, particularly as the birthday girl is only 1 and her big sister can be somewhat of a menace, especially when over-excited, full of cake and arguing with her best friend. Lucy was very well behaved, on the other hand, no tantrums, no yelling, lots of eating of vegetables, and a joy to be around. For a change. She really likes houmous and cucumber, which is nice and cheap, so I'm pleased. So middle class.

We had our school trip on Thursday. It was fine. We took 21 3 and 4 year olds to the Bunny Park, and we brought 21 back, no one wet themselves, no one cried, it wasn't too hot, but it didn't rain, and everyone enjoyed themselves, including the mums. I was really pleased with the mums, they all mucked in and got on with it, even the one I was a bit concerned about. She can be difficult, particularly around Christmas. She is a very devout Muslim, and went off for a little pray, but didn't let that stop her pushing the children on the swings and on the seesaw, so everything worked out for the best. Good.

Last night, I went out to a Greek restaurant with four of the girls that Simon was at school with, so people who have known each other since birth practically. I've only been around for the past 6 years, but they are now my friends too, and it was really nice to be invited. Shame I only managed my starter before having to go and be sick, and then having to go home, but it was fun before that. It was a combination of the heat and the baby, and I'm tired of this constant nausea. I'm feeling a bit queasy now too. It's rubbish.

I've have a really nice day - I went across London to Bethnal Green to the Bust Craftacular, which was OK. Some of the things were a bit naff to be honest, and the sewing/knitting things were all things I could make myself without thinking twice, so a bit disappointing. I looked at some lovely ceramics, but the women on the stall were super unfriendly, so sod 'em, I'll get some interesting things from a charity shop instead. I bought some teatowels from www.eakdesign.com, and I really want an owl print, but I can't make their website work. I hope they'll answer their email on Monday and I can get it sorted then.

It was a bit too hot on the tube. I kept on spraying myself with 33 year old Evian, the stuff my mum bought to use when she was in labour with me, and I drank about a bucket of water, so it wasn't so bad in the end.

My parents should be here any minute, bringing my husband and baby back, hurrah.

No comments:

Post a Comment