Wednesday 1 April 2015

When I was your age, television was called books.

Everything keeps getting in the WAY of blogging.  Whether it's cooking, or looking after the children, or working, or not writing my essay, the blog has taken a bit of a back seat recently.  Which doesn't mean that I don't want to write anything, just no TIME to do it, and when I have time, I don't have the energy.  

Anyway, there's quite a lot of knitting going on, and sewing, and even running.  Not much running, and not very fast, but at least it's happening.  
  • Nicholas' POP blanket - lots of change here, I've made 2/5 red circles, 2/5 orange circles, 2/5 yellow circles, 3/5 green circles, 2/5 blue circles and 5/5 purple circles.  AND I've SEWN 12 of them together, which is brilliant.  It properly needs a good block though, but here is a poor quality in progress photo.  I've got another month to finish the knitting, sew it together, reblock it, line it and give it a border.  Hurrah.  16 out of 30 isn't bad, but it's not great.

  • Lucy Attic24 Ripple Blanket - 38/57 rows done.  Lucy loves this.  I'm tempted to call it done, but I don't think it's quite long enough, and it does need a border.  It's quite wide and not very long; she says it covers her, but I'm not so sure.

  • Hexipuff Quilt - It's still 172/250; I'm going to put it in the car for our next long trip.
  • Wisteria jumper -  Still the same.  I am not going to start anything new until this is DONE.
  • Burton Bear Cowl for Hattie. Brown wool found again.  Hattie isn't showing any particular desire for a cowl, so I will put this on the back burner.  Plus, it's technically SPRING now.
  • The Weather in the Streets 
Woohoo!  There is progress with the blanket.  There are now 98 squares to finish.  ONLY 98 LEFT TO GO.  It still looks the same, but it is bloody MASSIVE.
  • Yellow squares - 109/143 done - 34 to go
  • Blue squares - 56/72 done - 16 to go
  • Grey squares - 69/102 - 33 to go
  • Turquoise squares - 2/11 done
  • Orange squares - ALL DONE
  • Pink square - DONE
  • Purple squares - DONE
  • Red squares - 7/10 done
  • Dark Green squares - DONE
  • Pale Blue square - DONE
  • Pale Yellow square - DONE
  • Dark Blue square - DONE
  • Pinky-Red squares - 7/10 done

  • Hattie's 4th birthday blanket.  6/36 Rainbow Granny Squares done.
  • Owl Obsession for one of my godsons - it's for his second birthday.  His birthday is in SEPTEMBER PEOPLE.  I started this.  I used the wrong yarn, but the pattern is pretty clear, until you get to the ears, at which point it becomes obtuse, so more thinking needed.  
  • Peacock Mitten - I'm almost a quarter of the way through the second mitten.  
  • Coraline cardigan - I've wound the wool for this, but I need to finish the Wisteria jumper first.
  • Petrie top - too cold to think about spring weight tops.  
  • Knitted Coco -see above.
  • Socks for me - I have no suitable sock wool that I like.
  • Rainbow jumper - still depressed about losing jumper 1, and in mourning.  
  • A Little Birds jumper with no steeks - still planning.  I need to sort the stash to see what I've got of this.  I might even need to sort out whether I've got the wool.  I think I bought some, but I don't remember.  How awful.  
  • Reknit an unwearably large jumper for Simon - Oh Lord, I keep putting this off.
Done:

Myrna Cardigan
Hattie's cardigan.
A pair of simple socks for the children
Garter Yoke Cardigan
An Owlet for Lucy
Lucy's Cowl
Hattie's Cowl
A Burton Bear Cowl for Lucy
Simon's socks
Boreal
A tiny jumper for Nicholas
Sparkly Owlet for Hattie
Ringo mittens
Aiken
Striped jumper for Lucy

ALL THE KNITTING ALL THE TIME WITH ALL THE CAPS LOCK STUCK ON.

2 comments:

  1. All of your blankets are gorgeous - love the pop one! Looks like they will all be finished at a similar time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I hope so; the birthday blankets are 7 and 4 months over due already! It'll be time to make the next ones soon.

    ReplyDelete