Tuesday 6 May 2014

Pawnee's library department is the most diabolical ruthless bunch of bureaucrats I've ever seen. They're like a biker gang. But instead of shotguns and crystal meth, they use political savvy... and shushing.

"Me" Made May is going well, for all I still want to cover my eyes and cry everytime I read that.  I've taken to very deliberating putting it in inverted commas when explaining it to normal, non-sewing people, who then wonder why an intelligent person is talking like a three year old.  I'm used to it by now.

What I've been wearing.


Day 1.  Spotty Coco.  The fabric looks ancient, and I suspect it had been in Ealing Fabrics for a while.  I should probably have washed it first, as it had a fold line down the middle, and looked a bit silly at first.


Day 2.  Fleecy Coco top, denim skirt, shoes from Office.  The fleece is really pilling now, which is not great; but I love the top, it washes well, and dries so fast.  I'm aiming to make at least one more in fleece in order to have one for everyday.


Day 3.  Hello Dolly! dress, gold sandals from Office.  I love this dress.  It's so brilliant, so flattering and so outrageous.  I don't wear it to school.  Obviously.


Day 4.  The Original and the Best Cherry Coco, with black leggings and trainers.  We cycled to church and back which is a great way to wake us up.  It's only 3 km there and back, so not too far at all.


Day 5.  At last, a knitted top.  My Miss Scarlett top, which I made yonks ago, while I was pregnant with Hattie, and rarely wear, simply because I don't like to wear it to school.  Something to do with all the paint.  I wore it to go to Rottingdean on Monday to see Simon's aunt.


Day 6.  Striped Coco, denim skirt, leggings.  Harriet shredded my last nerve on Sunday, so Simon took them to the pub and I sat and sewed.  It took less than 2 hours, I'm so familiar with the pattern now.  It is, however, too big, so I need to adapt it a bit, and cut a smaller size next time.  Because there will be a next time.  

Six days of handmade clothes.  The documenting is the difficult part.  Can you tell how little I like being in photos.  

No comments:

Post a Comment