Thursday 1 November 2012

Orzo and chocolate brownies

There are to be no apologies for the following hero-worshipping and general "oh wow, I think she's wonderful" ness, I love Nigella, I understand that she may be considered to be a counter-feminist (because men don't cook) or a sex symbol (she is a sister, not a siren, at least in my eyes) but I don't care.

I was given Nigellissima for my birthday yesterday, and I'd recorded all the programmes to watch in my own time, so I've had a bit of a Nigella moment today. One of her Italian inspired recipes today was a "pasta risotto", and as we are at a bit of a loose end tonight what with one thing and another and our guests having a family emergency involving elderly relatives, so I thought I'd make it for Simon and I as we babysit.  I don't have pancetta, but I do have chorizo, so I've improvised, and I do have shallots, so I chucked them in too, but it smelled pretty good and was very easy to make.  It was also delicious, of course, as anything with that much butter and salt tends to be.

The chocolate brownies were baked for a coffee morning I held this morning, and didn't I feel the total woman beating eggs and melting chocolate at 8:15 this morning?

They've all gone now, of course.


1 comment:

  1. Yum yum, my husband made me the Nutella cheesecake for my birthday cake, unfortunately I had to take the book back to the library as other people want it but it does have some lovely recipes in it.

    ReplyDelete