Tuesday 28 December 2010

Back home

It's been such a lovely break, but I'm really glad to be home. Although last night we had a freezing cold house as the boiler had turned itself off during the time we were away. Wonderful. As it's a brand new boiler, we were a little bit concerned, but it turns out that the gas had been cut off further up the road, so we were best off being away. The house is much better now, but still not as warm as it could be.

Lucy was very difficult last night, not wanting to go to bed at all. She misses her Granny and Grandpa (particularly Grandpa) and wants to be back with them lighting the fire and generally being spoilt. She's starting to forget the details now though, so I'm hoping that tonight will be better. I nearly walked out and left her yesterday, especially when she refused to put her nappy on. I've had a difficult time with her recently - she's going through so many huge changes, and it's really affecting her. She loves her sister, thank goodness, but is not so keen on me at the moment. She punishes me by being horrible and yelling at me to go away, and then flings herself on me and wants my attention, which is lovely, but means that I'm pulled from one extreme to the other. On Boxing Day, when asked what she wanted to do, she replied "Nursery", so as soon as that reopens the better for all concerned.

I've got some lovely photos, but they're still on the camera, so I'll try to put them up soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment