Thursday 24 December 2015

Not a creature was stirring

It's Christmas Eve, I've wrapped up most of the presents I'm giving this year; at least, all the ones for the people we're seeing tomorrow.  We've done the Christingle at church, we've listened to Bob Dylan's frankly terrible Christmas album, and we're about to have the traditional Christmas Eve stirfry, before falling asleep in front of a crap film.  It's not the most exciting way to spend an evening, but until the girls are old enough to want to go to the pub, it's the way we spend it.  I'd like to go to Midnight Mass once they are old enough.  It wasn't a thing in my family growing up, much as I'd like it to have been, but what can you do.

I've not made any presents this year.  People don't really appreciate all the effort it takes to make anything, so I don't bother, and just make things at will throughout the year.  I would like to be a bit more Christmas crafty next year; I might do a list before September.  Or a spreadsheet.  That would be festive.

Anyway.  Have a picture of my children in front the Christmas tree.


There will probably be some presents for them in the morning; they've been mostly good enough for a visit from Father Christmas.  Mostly.

Happy Christmas if you celebrate, happy 25th December if you don't.  I'm going to drink red wine and try to fix the strange side boob thing on my rainbow jumper. 


No comments:

Post a Comment