Thursday 11 December 2014

You're not autistic, you're neurotic and lack social skills

I have caught "old" from someone, probably my considerably older than me husband.  It's jolly cold here at the moment, and I'm tucked up on the sofa with my blanket, computer on my lap, watching Grantchester; I'm thinking of making myself a pair of fingerless gloves and a proper old man Steptoe hat.  I'm even having soup for my dinner; it's bacon and borlotti with chilli oil in it - it's not great, too thin and needs seasoning, but it'll do for tonight and for lunch at the weekend.

It's Christmas lunch at school tomorrow, so brace yourselves for beautiful, slightly out of focus pictures of my Elsa jumper - like the Snow Queen needs a jumper, but maybe Sven knitted Anna one as a Midwinter gift, and like everyone else in the world, she wants to look like Elsa.  It's a bit big, but the colour is fabulous, and it fits me well enough.  I think it's meant to have a bit of positive ease, and it was such a bugger to knit that I've no desire to try to "fix" it.  Next time I'll make it a bit smaller, and maybe use Cascade; a purple Boreal would look delightful.  Or perhaps I could use that lovely blue that I seem to have lots and lots in stash.

It was the SENCo course today and jolly interesting and relevant for a change.  My essay is coming along nicely; I've sorted the title out - "What is the impact of Write Dance on handwriting skills of boys in Year One?"  As you can imagine, it will be a fascinating read, and sure to win all the prizes available from the IoE/UCL merged college.  Yet another qualification from a London college; Birkbeck, Goldsmiths and now UCL.  Scintillating stuff.

There's not much else to say.  We're off out tomorrow to watch James Rhodes do his stuff at the Soho Theatre; a novelty for us to be out together, and let's see how long it is before we're talking about the children.  Is it wrong to hope that Benedict Cumberbatch will be there too?

No comments:

Post a Comment