Friday 25 July 2014

Leslie, what do we do when we get this angry? We count backwards from 1,000 by sevens and we think of warm brownies.

A bit about the knit list 2014 - 2015.

I have to confess to cheating slightly when I drew up the list. I was already more than 50% through my blue Myrna, and only put it on the list to have a bit of a soft start.

Still, my list, my rules, what are you going to do about it?




Blue Myrna, and don't I look silly in it?

For me:
Finish the Myrna cardigan - DONE AND DONE
A Garter Yoke cardigan in that lovely blue - about to finish the yoke
Finish the Wisteria jumper (not much to go)
Finish the other Peacock Mitten in time for winter
A Coraline cardigan in either that same lovely blue, or in the other blue I've just impulse bought
A Petrie top with navy and blue stripes
A knitted Coco (no link, because I am going to make it up and channel Tilly)
A pair of socks


For the girls:

A cardigan for Hattie, probably this one - the back and one and a half bits of the fronts are done. The stripes do not match. This is a bespoke design. My daughter wants me to go a bit (more) bonkers.
Ringo and Elwood mittens in grey and brown
One of these for each of them
A pair of simple socks each

For Simon:
I am going to reknit one of his unwearably large jumpers. Either this one or this one. I was a terrible knitter when I made these, and I'm much, much better at it now. So now he gets a recycled jumper.
More socks.

Blankets:

Owl Obsession for my new godson
Hexipuff Quilt (I'm aiming to get 250/500 done by the end of June 2015)
The Weather in the Streets (should probably be finished by June)
Finish the bloody Elephants blanket
A blanket for Lucy's 6th birthday, which is in September, so may well be sewn together stripes instead of something knitted - I've decided to make her a Lucy Attic24 ripple blanket, which will be for her birthday but not on her birthday, if you see what I mean.
AAAARGH. I FORGOT TO ADD NICHOLAS' POP! BLANKET. I'm making that too.

We're going away next week, so I will take a ball of yarn for Simon's socks, a ball for the girls and something for me, and see what I come back with. My record for making socks is something like 5 in 14 days, and we're doing a lot of driving, so who knows.

10 comments:

  1. You know I love your rules and the Myrna is gorgeous, I love the soft blue colour you chose and it looks great on you. Hope you get lots done over the next two weeks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was a great cardigan to make, I want to make another one for the autumn, maybe in red.

      Delete
  2. Great list! I really like the patterns you have picked out to do. And if you make that many socks in that few of days...................I am very envious. Do you do two at a time magic loop or double points?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can knit without looking, so I make socks in the car. When we go on long drives, I can get the leg of a sock made really quite easily. That's the only reason I can make them so quickly.

      Delete
  3. I love the Myrna and it looks great on you. Not sure how I missed the knitted coco - can't wait to see that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to design the knitted Coco. And by design, know that I mean copy someone else's pattern and deny all knowledge later.

      Delete
  4. Have a great holiday. You have a wonderful list of intended projects for YOP. That cropped cardigan is perfect on you. Blue is your color.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I love blue and purple best, and seem to gravitate to them most often.

      Delete
  5. Your list = your rules! I think we all roll that way. And I think your soft start is entirely acceptable; good for you for finishing WIPs. I'm also impressed by anyone who makes garments. I think I pick garment patterns on the basis of how much I wish I look like the woman modelling it which just never works out! Have a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am getting back into making garments, having wussed out for a long time. Socks are easier!

      Delete